February 29,
For the past month I have been living with the devil inside of me. I honestly don't feel that different but Abby and I are finally getting noticed. I still forget to do chores sometimes and I still feel the pinches but mother and father don't mind because I'm 'afflicted'. This morning Abby and I and some of the other girls accused Tituba and two other ladies of witchcraft. I cried after because of how it made me feel. I love Tituba so much but Abby said it was the only way we could avoid getting in trouble for our experiments. Tituba's face when it was over broke my heart. I have always loved and appreciated her but if Abby and I get in trouble our families would have to leave Salem and we would be banished forever. I can't do that to father, he is so happy here in Salem as the priest. I don' know how much longer this is going to go on but I don't think I can keep it up. Abby on the other hand is letting the 'fame' get to her head. She loves being the center of attention more than anything. I'm starting to get worried, especially because both of us are still feeling the symptoms. The fainting is less frequent but it still happens. Abby says we will be fine but I'm not sure that we will. Hopefully this is all over really soon so everything can go back to normal.
I love you too, child. And it paynes me to think that you would think i could do such things. I know the countermagic from my master in my homeland, the test cake. How could such accusations be made to me for just trying to help...
ReplyDeleteI think that you need to stop listening to what "Abby" says. She is obviously a bad influence and is forcing you to do things that are untruthful. You two will both go to Hell if you continue this.
ReplyDeleteYou must speak your own thoughts betty. It would harm you to get sucked into a lie that could hurt others. Until you have evidenc that tituba did anything wrong, you should not be accusing her of anything!
ReplyDelete@bigdaddyjohn you need to shut your mouth!! all of this is true and we are in great danger of this witchcraft! Tituba needed to be accused of witchcraft, it was the only way... I am sorry little cousin..
ReplyDelete