Thursday, March 19, 1992

March 19,


Today has been the worst day of my life.  Not only did I find out that father had to beat Tituba to make her confess to being a witch, but I have to move out of Salem and live with father's scary cousins.  Fining out that father beat Tituba made me so angry at him I wanted to admit that the accusations weren't entirely truthful but then I realized what that would make me like.  I also realized that the only reason he did all of that was for my benefit so I wouldn't be scared or threatened.  That is also why I am leaving Salem.  He doesn't want all of this witch hysteria to ruin my life for good.  He just wants to protect me.  I am sort of glad that I am leaving.  Abby has been very controlling lately and I want to get away from her for a little.  She is starting to let all of the attention make her into a different person.  I am excited to get away from all of the drama and controversy surrounding me.  

3 comments:

  1. You need to tell the Court what you think, because now that they have decided to listen to you children, you might as well be useful. Your actions will cost many lives and bring shame on you, I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it weren't for you and Abigail, this whole witch business never would have started! You need to come forward and tell the truth or many more than Tituba could be harmed. You have already caused pain for Tituba, don't make it any worse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will miss you my little Betty, Samuel has turned into a monster and he should be punished for all of his foolish actions. Hopefully a witch will get him.

    ReplyDelete